Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Aeroquip socketless hose (FC598) - anyone else with issues?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hose Failure

Hi,

This is Tony with www.Aeroquip.cc

To me it looks as if when being assembled, the hose was crushed just past the fitting causing the rubber to be pinched and possibly breaking the fabric braiding, making it easy for this hose to fail like this. If you put this together using that cruddy plastic assembly hand tool that they have available, if when assembling, the tube goes sideways, or the end of the fitting cuts into the tube it will do this too. There is also a production model available but if not used correctly, this is the result too...

There is also the possibility that if the hose was a little too short for the application and it created a bend in the hose just past the fitting - with a little use, it would cause the same problem. When putting pressure on a hose, the diameter expands, which shortens a hose even further and if there was no room given, it can result in the end of the fitting cutting into the hose and causing a rupture like this too.

FC598 hose is great for fuel, is good to 300 degrees, and is good for your application. I apologize if you had problems with this hose, it is a great hose for the high performance division and will give long life and dependability for your car.

Tony
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

A worthwhile post Tony....and please dont take this the wrong way, but the thread is almost 3 years old lol..

It's easy to drag up old posts when searching. But always good to have knowledgeable people on board.

Although you'll likely get nabbed for having a web address as a username for advertising etc.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Teching In

This post seemed to put a bad light on the Aeroquip brand and I thought it better to address the 'to to earls' responses, because it would net the same result.

We are trying to address social media concerns and also spread newsworthy information and definitely not the intention to spam, but also lend credibility to the source with the web site at our user name. I would be glad to change it to a name if needed, but I would like to monitor the forum and provide useful and important support from our knowledge base.

Interestingly enough there is a change going on the high performance fuel hose which is kindof why I'm checking out all the posts on Aeroquip high performance hose. There is a problem with E85 / Ethanol odors effusing from all major brands of rubber fuel hose, and a new product is due out in the next few weeks to address this issue. If any concerns contact me,

Thanks!
Tony
Old 03-02-2012, 12:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

A post worthy of some advice.

Suitability of flexible hoses which often require regular hose clamps for in-tank/submerged usage.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...-lok-line.html
Old 03-03-2012, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Even though this post is three years old there are still a lot of people running the braided steel hose.
Which is a time bomb. The op is lucky he found the leak and didn't loose the car.
There are any number of other post concerning leaks and fuel vapor smell in a garage. The fuel vapor will preterite
the rubber even though there is not any visible leak.
The hose needs to be PTEF hose.
This is a link to another posting about leaking steel braided hose
at Pro Turing.
http://www.pro-touring.com/showthrea...es-took-a-crap

Last edited by Ollie8974; 03-03-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know, I know. Old post...but valuable information.

I just want to add my two cents worth. I have been using FC-598 with nothing more than push lock fittings as transmission lines for years. I must have 70,000 miles on the hose by now. I have NEVER, ever leaked a drop of fluid, and by all appearances, the hoses are as good today as the day I installed them. This is with hot transmission fluid. I do run synthetic Mobil 1 trans fluid. That being said, it isn't fuel going through there and with all the fuel blends and additives being used these days (thank you very freakin' much California) it is possible there could be a compatibility problem. But in this case, I agree with the rep from Aeroquip...the problems appear to be installation issues and not product issues.

I need to dig through some saved archives. Jeff Smith or Marlan Davis wrote an article a while back that detailed different hoses and a hose that was guaranteed to be compatible with any fuel you could ever imagine.

Quick Reply: Aeroquip socketless hose (FC598) - anyone else with issues?