Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

extra things needed for installing a 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default extra things needed for installing a 12 bolt

I just purchased a moser 12 bolt for my camaro. I was wondering what all I have to buy when I install it (like so all the stock stuff will work). Also, can I use LCA relo. brackets for a 10 bolt on my 12 bolt?
Old 11-10-2008, 04:33 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will need the following:

- 1350 Conversion U-Joint (Napa Part # 447 ) installed for driveshaft.
- Axle Bearings Pressed on (Any local auto shop can do this usually): They do not come pressed on because you need to swap the brake backing plates from the stock unit to the new unit and then press the bearings on (This swap is a few minute swap).
- Generic 3" muffler clamps to relocate sway bar. You use the U part and reuse your stock lower section of the sway bar bracket.
- 3 quarts of 80/90 weight non synthetic gear lube, and one bottle of limited slip additive if your rear has an Eaton center. No additive is needed if you purchased a Truetrac.
- 2 feet a vacuum line for the breather located on the d.s. axle tube.

Your lca brackets will work, you possibly may have to do a little grinding on them. Bob

Last edited by Exotic Performance Plus; 11-11-2008 at 04:11 AM.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
You will need the following:

- 1350 Conversion U-Joint (Napa Part # 447 ) pressed onto driveshaft.
- Axle Bearings Pressed on (Any local auto shop can do this usually): They do not come pressed on because you need to swap the brake backing plates from the stock unit to the new unit and then press the bearings on (This swap is a few minute swap).
- Generic 3" muffler clamps to relocate sway bar. You use the U part and reuse your stock lower section of the sway bar bracket.
- 3 quarts of 80/90 weight non synthetic gear lube, and one bottle of limited slip additive if your rear has an Eaton center. No additive is needed if you purchased a Truetrac.
- 2 feet a vacuum line for the breather located on the d.s. axle tube.

Your lca brackets will work, you possibly may have to do a little grinding on them. Bob
Thanks Bob. Will I have to have anything pressed on if the backing plates are already on the rear?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:12 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DSkyles
Thanks Bob. Will I have to have anything pressed on if the backing plates are already on the rear?
If the rear is complete with the brake backing plates and the axles are already installed then nothing gets pressed on. Bob