Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

BMR LCA's made it worse

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BMR LCA's made it worse

Ok so the gears posi and all the bearings were replaced in my rear 2 years ago. Since then the car has been making a growling noise when I make a right hand turn and I am not on the throtle. The guy that put my gears in says that sometimes they do that. Also the car had a small thumping sound that I could feel through the floor, but like I said I have been driveing it this way for 2 years, and I can tell u it hasn't been a easy 2 years for my car I drag race it and so on and take it on road trips all the time since its mostly stock and still gets decent gas mileage. Any way the gears I put in where richmonds and i replaced everything but the axles. SO I came to the conclusion that my LCA bushings in my factiroy LCA's were shot and replaced them with the BMR non adjustable ones. Now the stupid growling noise has gotten better and the thumping noise seems like it has gotten worse? or maybe I just am paying more attention to it. The gear noise also seems slightly louder also but I figured that was just the richmond gears??? Any ideas ???
Old 03-31-2009, 11:23 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The poly just transfers noise and vibration more than the stock rubber so the noise is the same you are just hearing it louder.