Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

problem with me Moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default problem with me Moser 9"

so it seems the instructions arent too "instructional." so i know the press ring goes inboard, followed by the wheel bearing but no information was given as to where the seal went. is the bearing a sealed type? i figured the seal went outboard to prevent oil getting past the bearing. it wouldnt make sense to put the seal BEFORE the bearing because it would starve the bearing of oil. here are some pics of the install. i know it's wrong. where does the seal actually go? between the housing and the press ring or between the press ring and the bearing? if i pulled the bearing would it kill it? does anyone have a part number for this seal so i could replace it? thanks for the help guys.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The seals install in the housing end. Just cut your seals off and purchase two new ones and install them in the housing end. You will not have to pull the bearings that way. That particular bearing is a sealed unit and requires no lubrication.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sportfan
The seals install in the housing end. Just cut your seals off and purchase two new ones and install them in the housing end. You will not have to pull the bearings that way. That particular bearing is a sealed unit and requires no lubrication.
Do what he said. Just drive the seal into the housing with a correct sized socket or seal driver. Use a little RTV around it too.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com....html?item=145
I have step by step instructions at the above link that may help you out. Bob
Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM
11 Second Club

This is the order I put mine in.