Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bad shaking on my front right area of car??? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad shaking on my front right area of car??? HELP

I had some c6 Z06 rims on my car and everything was fine.. well i ordered some ruff racing rims 18x9 front and 18x10.5 rear.. well after i got them on i noticed real bad shaking.. so i took the rims and got the rebalanced.. TWICE... and they were good.. well i had a friend ride next to me at 30 mph and he said that it wasnt just my rim moving but it was everything... my rotor was moving with the rim which made me thing that something else is bent and not the rim.... if yall have any idea what it could be tell me.. the only weird thing is it didnt do this with my past rims but does with these but it doesnt look like the rims is the problem..
Old 05-22-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

bearings possibly
Old 05-22-2009, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

its your hub assembly.
for about a year i had a decent vibration on the right front of the car and thought it was a tire or wheel so i swaped tires and it still did it.
they i swaped my wheels front to rear so there was nitto dr's on the front and it still did it so it ended up being the wheel bearing inside the hub and its a sealed part.
there like 90 bucks at advance and if you can do brakes its easy all you would need is basic tools and a axle puller to get the hub out of the spindle(you wont get it out with out it)
thats whats makeing every thing move and you better fix it quick before it comes apart on the road and you loose your wheel.