Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

strange driveshaft install question

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 06:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default strange driveshaft install question

im installing a strange driveshaft into my 2001 trans am with the factory 10 bolt. The only questions I have is when installing the rear u joint of the driveshaft into the bracket that connects to the rear end, is there anything else that holds the u joint into that bracket beside the c clamp? There are two sets or retainers that came in a package with the driveshaft, do I need to use either of those? any help would be great. i could not find any type of install guide for a driveshaft
Old 07-01-2009, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

They should just be U bolts to hold it on there. I see you're not using a 1350 yoke but that is fine for now. you may need a new rear down the road! We have almost identical setups.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:05 AM
On The Tree

do i use either of the sets of retainers that came with the strange driveshaft? it looks like there is a groove towards the inside of the caps on the rear u joints. is the set of c retainers suppose to go there? (just to the inside of the u bolt clamps)