Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

spool loosend suspension???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default spool loosend suspension???

ok iv had my 9inch in about 2months yesterday i checked all the mounts the panhard bar,and lcas bolts were finger tight at best.i tightend these bolt tight as i could with a half inch drive rachet when i put it in.so i put red locktite on them and tightend them again.anyone else had this problem with a spool on a dd?never had a problem with my locker over 2 years of dd with it.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:52 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't say I noticed a problem with fasteners loosening up with street driven f body's with a spool. The loc-tite should help. Bob
Old 07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah my suzuki samurai has been driving with a welded rear for two years and no problems there either,weird.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I can't say I noticed a problem with fasteners loosening up with street driven f body's with a spool. The loc-tite should help. Bob
how long can i expect my axles to last on a full spool daily driver
Old 08-11-2009, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

the stock 10 bolt seems to break gears faster than anything else so if you got a ten bolt i doubt you break axels,and a spool wont break your axels.depending on your rear end and power level your at you may break something else though. my opinion is a spool is 10,000xs better than a automatic locker like detriot ect. especially with a m6.if you like slack in the drivetrain,jerking the car to the left when it engages,clunking at every shift,and only unlocking when you turn left detroit locker is the way to go.i drove my 97z with a detroit for 2 years as a dd and i fukin hated it.when i called moser i told them i wanted 33 spline 9 in with a trutrac but i let the tech talk me into the 35 splines with a locker because he swore (its not that bad)i could have cut off his nuts and feed them to him the first time i drove my car after the install. it detroyed the FUN of driving my car.sorry to vent but i still get pissed off thinking about it and its been over 2 years now.