Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

what kind of oil??

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of oil??

i have installed and need to know what kind of lube to put in the moser 9''. also what weight? and now for the stupid question....how should i put it in??
Old 08-06-2009, 07:10 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by hoovermaneuver
i have installed and need to know what kind of lube to put in the moser 9''. also what weight? and now for the stupid question....how should i put it in??
depending on what type center section you have will determine the weight oil. if you have a clutch style center I can't help you. if you have a spool, true track or a non-clutch carrier I would run 75w90 Non-Synthetic. as far as putting the oil in, there should be a fill hole on the side of the center section that you can use and it will take about 3 quarts, the fill hole should be on the driver side, it's kind of hard to get to and you will need an allen head socket and an extension. GL
Old 08-06-2009, 08:04 PM

thanks man, one more thing, what the heck is the brass air fitting thing thats on the top of the driver side axle shaft?? i cant find anything on it??
Old 08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
9 Second Club

That is your vent tube and VERY important. Just get a piece of vacuum line that's the correct size to tightly slide over the brass fitting and run it up and secure it to the underside of the car with a tie strap, make sure it does not kink up.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:53 PM

i appreciate it man. this thing has given me problems that i did not expect before. i bought the 3'' muffler clamps to use on the swaybar, but i can't get them to fit properly. i only have the back of the car jacked up on the jackstands and am wondering if they will fit better once i put the car on the ground, and compress everything. im thinking so. thanks again for the help buddy.