Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Axle bearing turned into bracelets...advice please

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 10:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle bearing turned into bracelets...advice please

Hi,

Description of events:

Driving and at first brake pedal felt stiff. Then the ABS Inoperable light came on and the TCS light came on. Driving home I hear a thump thump thump from the rear right tire. I pulled over and look at all my tires. There were no flats or road debris clinging. So, I got back in the car and drove home. Noticed black fluid all over the rim on the inside of the wheel well.

Pulled off the tire today and noticed black fluid oozing from the center of the caliper. Figuired since it drove and stopped fine I would drive it to the near by brake place. I noticed a jddddddddggggggg sound as thought the brake bad a rubbing a tad. By the time i pulled over the gear fluid on the brake disc was creating white smoke from the heat of the disc and it smelled sooooooo bad.

Any advice from any one? Any thoughts? Similar experiences.

Lord knows I love my car but.....what a pain in the rear.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Crystal

Details: moser 9 inch rear end. Seems to have had tapered bearing and stock brake setup.

PICS of what it looked like when i removed the backing plate.

bearings that fell out when we pulled it apart Funny, I always thought those things were round. These were cylindrical.

how to make bangle bracelets from your bearing

Old 09-29-2009, 04:07 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep definitely will have to replace the bearing for starters