Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Another reason why Tru tracs are junk

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Another reason why Tru tracs are junk

Just a FYI for those who have blown theirs and its acting like a spool, like mine....

Horrible tire wear!!!

I have maybe 5k on a new set of 17" nittos and the outside look great, bearly any wear. They are not pumped up on pressure, if anything, they look under inflated (I do not have exact PSI on me at work).

I took off the tires to work on the car this past weekend and the wear is the same on both sides.

On the inner section its worn pretty good, I figure at best 3-4k of street driving before the tires need replacing.

I just put a drag bar on the car so wet driving weather will be nearly none, and if it has to be driven from home to where it is parked, its 1 mile away residential driving.

I put on these tires like 5k miles, and at best 5 passes w/ burnouts, and on the street 3 decent burn outs. I wish I took a pic but I was busy trying to get the parts on between snow storms.

Just a FYI, if you do not take tires off often, check your inner tread wear.

At this point putting a spool on does not scare me as the car drives perfect and I am not a nut when it comes to taking corners.

I think there is more fear of loosing the posi action then it is actually driving the car and realizing its not a big deal.

** on a after thought, I have Nitto's last me 15k and had more passes then I care to admit so this is a new suprise for me.

** also wear should be the same with the spool but these things have exploded and done more damage to a rear and a new gear set, intall, axles, and god knows what else can be very expensive and I plan on hitting this with a 6k clutch dump.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 10-19-2009 at 09:03 AM.