Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

U-Joint for Alum DS for Moser 12-bolt

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U-Joint for Alum DS for Moser 12-bolt

I've been using the original U-joint for a couple weeks, went to have the new Napa 447X U-Joint pressed on the driveshaft and noticed it did not have any kind of coating on the cups for an aluminum driveshaft. The Napa part #447X U-joint is recommended when using the upgraded yoke on the Moser 12-bolt, but i was wondering if their was a different brand U-joint i can use with this aluminum driveshaft. Thanks very much in advance.
Old 12-08-2003, 10:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bad2000ss
I've been using the original U-joint for a couple weeks, went to have the new Napa 447X U-Joint pressed on the driveshaft and noticed it did not have any kind of coating on the cups for an aluminum driveshaft. The Napa part #447X U-joint is recommended when using the upgraded yoke on the Moser 12-bolt, but i was wondering if their was a different brand U-joint i can use with this aluminum driveshaft. Thanks very much in advance.
i have has the napa 447 for a few thousand miles and have had no trouble with it. i run nittos and et streets all the time on the street. havent made it to the track with the streets yet.