Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

i need help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help!!!

sup im new on here and had a question my abs inop light is on and idk what this means ive been having problems with my car ever since we did a rearend swap.......i went from the stock 273s to 323s and well feels like i have no power now i put the car on jack stands and i put the car in drive both tires start spinning than the driver side just stops ..... and the abs inop is wierd i push the gas(car on jack stands) but just says low track and gas peddle wont move/pushes back.........anyways just wondering if anyone can help me out thanks.....
Old 02-27-2010, 10:50 PM
Teching In

make sure both plugs are pluged in on the rear end, you might have bumped one loose
turn off the tcs to put on jackstands... if the front wheels arent spinning and the back are then the traction control activates
Old 02-28-2010, 01:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the rear end does have the reluctor wheels on the axles right??? and the jack stand thing is def traction control, gotta turn it off. also if the reluctor wheels are on then, you should check it and make sure you didnt chip a tooth or something like that, cause that will cause a bad read and it wont work...
Old 02-28-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

You cant run the car with the back tires off the ground and not expect ABS INOP light not to come on. You have the front wheels stopped and the rear tires spinning, the computer interprets this as faulty speed signals and triggers the light. If you go back to driving normally, the lights should reset on their own.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:40 AM
Teching In

thanks for da info guys all i need is money to fix it
Old 02-28-2010, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

not meaning to cut in or steal a thread, but what happens if you take a gear off the driver side but leave the one on the passenger side on? if it just kills the trac system and keeps it off and turns the light on on the dash, i can live with that since the car is pure drag and will only see the drag strip.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM
Teching In

k abs inop went away but now car feels alot crappier than ever i tried floring it and the rpms wouldnt even go up and car wont pick up if i ease into to the car picks up speed dammit do i have a bad rearend/drive shaft or a tranny issue ??