Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser M9 for F-Body

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM
That's MISTER MODERATOR

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Moser M9 for F-Body

At some point in time, I need to install a rear. I am considering going with the Moser M9 rear. I’m wondering from those that have it, how’s the clearance with the torque arm mount off the top of the housing?

Can these housing be purchased empty? Are the components standard Ford 9 inch? The reason for these questions: Several of the speed shops I’ve been in and around have advised against Moser rears and recommend Strange. True to that, at the track, there’s way more big running cars with Strange than Moser.

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2010, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a nice looking piece.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

look into the Midwest fab 9 inch. it can be had with strange axles and center section for a great price. I received mine not to long ago and cant be happier with the quality and craftmanship of this beauty. its such a shame that we have to have it under the car. it is a work of art.
let me know if you like some pictures and I can email them to you.
good luck with your decisions.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Paul Bell
At some point in time, I need to install a rear. I am considering going with the Moser M9 rear. I’m wondering from those that have it, how’s the clearance with the torque arm mount off the top of the housing?

Can these housing be purchased empty? Are the components standard Ford 9 inch? The reason for these questions: Several of the speed shops I’ve been in and around have advised against Moser rears and recommend Strange. True to that, at the track, there’s way more big running cars with Strange than Moser.

Thanks!
My Camaro received the very first f body Moser M9. Here is a video of it. http://www.exoticperformanceplus.com...html?item=1355

The M9 is a great rear that can handle a ton of abuse. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Moser M9 for F-Body