Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Experts about Aftermarket Rear's come in

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Experts about Aftermarket Rear's come in

I cracked my stock 10 bolt's carrier in half the other day and have a few questions. I did some searching but am still unclear about some things. So If I want to go with an aftermarket rear (lets say a ford 9 inch; I am on a budget) then do you have to order them new from a sponsor? Or is there a particular model of car you can take a ford 9 inch rear from at a junk yard and make it work for your camaro? That may be a dumb question... But this is confusing to me. BTW I'm working on a 2000 camaro ss with an M6.

Thanks
Old 06-23-2010, 10:43 AM
9 Second Club

You can take any ford 9 and have it built at a fab shop to fit your car. I had a friend do that at Danny Miller Rear gear in Valley Park, MO saved him a little. Not to much in the long run. If you can find one with a Nodular iron case you could save yourself some money. But there is no rear end that you can take out of a ford and bolt up to a f body
Old 06-24-2010, 01:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by penningta
You can take any ford 9 and have it built at a fab shop to fit your car. I had a friend do that at Danny Miller Rear gear in Valley Park, MO saved him a little. Not to much in the long run. If you can find one with a Nodular iron case you could save yourself some money. But there is no rear end that you can take out of a ford and bolt up to a f body
They are on Marshal Rd. right? I talked to them before when I lived in Timberlake (up the rd in Kirkwood) they had no interest building one for me for a descent price.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

http://shop.brutespeed.com/Moser-9-I...-and-Axles.htm

The cheapest way that I see is to buy the above Moser 9 inch housing and axle package, then put a Ford 9 inch center section in it. If you can find a Ford nodular iron center section, you'll have a much better chance of it holding up. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 06-24-2010, 11:08 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

depending on your budget and what all you need to outfit the rearend with we have several options on all rearends available for the f-body. we are a direct dealer for Strange, Moser, and Yukon and offer any combination of components to suit your needs at the best prices you will find. pm or call us for a quote.
Old 06-24-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you're not in a huge hurry you can wait to find a good deal on a center section you want, since tons of people run the 9 inch. Then buy a housing and axle package to match and you're all set.

I found a Moser nodular center section with a 35 spline spool and 4.11 gears like I wanted for $800...thats close to $500 off what a new one is.

A housing and axle package with the specs I want runs $1185 from Brutespeed...so for $1985 I'll have a 9" that would cost $2400 if I just brought it outright from Brutespeed.

I liked the bigger 3.25" bearing center and 35 spline axles so I could upgrade to a wavetrac if I dont like the spool.

You can get 31 spline center sections for pretty cheap, I could have saved some cash going that route but I was afraid I wouldnt like a spool or locker that you're stuck with if you run 31 spline.