Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

build or buy 9 inch

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default build or buy 9 inch

just looking to get some opinions ive been researching a bit and ive seen anything from 9 inch axles on craigs list (that would have to be converted) which would be alot of work and cost around 300$ to complete ones for around 2000$. im not that good at setting up axle but my neighbor is a ford guru and he loves setting up axles so i was actually looking at the moser case and axles for 1050$ but i was see what you guys think. im not cheap but id like to do some of the work my self so i can learn it and contribute to my car
Old 10-02-2010, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can udnerstand wanting to help your neighbor and everything set up your new rear end and "contribute" to your car, but i would still say buy a rear end and just install it yourself. Installing your own rear end will make you feel more than accomplished and that youve helped your car. my instal has been a royal bitch, but its because of me not because of the rear end, the rear is top notch product im just slightly (ok majorly) retarded.
Old 10-02-2010, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I would purchase a housing and axle package and build a 3rd member, Guy i know did that and has about 1500 bucks in his rear with a ford N case, Grant it is noisey and wont be as strong as mine, But it works and he has been driveing for over a year like that.