Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ASR turns itself on and off?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 09:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ASR turns itself on and off?

I have a Moser 9' rear true trac with 4 channel ABS/TCS and since i've had it(lil over a year now), for some reason the ASR just likes to turn itself off and on every now and then. Its totally random. I'll be driving along and if its not already turned off on its own I can use the switch and turn it that way.

Very often (I'd say about 1/4-1/3rd of the time) it just decides to turn itself off and the switch has no effect. Eventually it'll just turn itself back on and carry on like usual. It hasnt caused any problems yet its just annoying and for peace of mind I'd like it not to uncontrollably deactivate itself when Im driving on wet roads or somthing (which it has done many times).

Anyone know whats going on?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed on my last road trip that my ASR went out randomly on the highway. Once I stopped to get gas I popped the hood and wiggled the giant + wire and it came back to life. I didn't have any tools or I would have tq'd it down.

Check the basics! sometimes we tend to dismiss the "easy fix."

Quick Reply: ASR turns itself on and off?