Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Drilling 10 bolt Housing for abs sensor

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drilling 10 bolt Housing for abs sensor

I have a spare stock 4 channel/TCS 10 bolt in my posession. Its the one with the exiter rings and sensors on the end of the axle tubes. I would like to convert it to 3 channel with abs sensor/exiter ring in the diff. I just need to get an exiter ring and put it on the ring gear and drill a hole for the abs sensor in the top of the housing where the boss is for it.

Just wondering if anyone has done this before? I just need to know the size of the hole and specs of it. Threaded or whatnot?
Old 02-02-2004, 10:50 PM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the price of 10 bolts used is all that worth it?
You'd have to figure out the size of the hole , + run a carrier w/a reluctor wheel & ensure the sensor is the right gap off of reluctor.
Might as well pick up a used 3 channel.....
Old 02-07-2004, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sure is worth it. It has a 3.73 and a torsen in great condition. If all I have to do is drill a hole and bolt a reluctor ring to the gear its not that big of a deal. With the hole drilled right, the sensor should be seated properly anyways.

I'd look at my own car but the rear end is still in it and its in storage.

So again, if anyone has done this or knows what size the hole is supposed to be I would appreciate it! THanks!