Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How long to swap in a moser 9"

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would probably take you about 10-12 hours, i did a 10 bolt to 10 bolt swap in about 12 hrs total, but this was on my back in my garage, running to buy parts, tools, and waiting on a friend to get over to help me lift the rear. so it all depends on you
Old 11-13-2010, 02:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mad_steve
I don't know what your plans are, but I can get you a custom built drive shaft made from of aluminum, mild steel or chromolly. Aluminum would be the best option, in most cases. Just give me a shout on Monday (or whenever you're ready for it), and I can get you all set up.
Thanks Steve. I have a local driveline shops that hooks us up, but will give you a shout if they can't do it.

The new 9" is all in the car now and all adjusted. The madman LCAs and Panhard are nice pieces. It made it very easy to adjust the rear.

We hung a plumb line from the rear fender and measured against the rotor on both sides and got that perfect. Then centered the wheels in the wheelwell.

Now we are welding up the wolfe anti-roll today and putting in the front coil-overs.

Now that I did this, its really not bad at all. Its been a fun job and only took about 6 hours total to take out the 10 and put in the 9.

I will call you monday so you can help me dial in the shocks and pinion angle etc..

We ended up putting in a Competition Engineering short torque arm that came on the 9" so I'm thinking my car should leave hard once its setup.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PACKETFOCUS
Thanks Steve. I have a local driveline shops that hooks us up, but will give you a shout if they can't do it.

The new 9" is all in the car now and all adjusted. The madman LCAs and Panhard are nice pieces. It made it very easy to adjust the rear.

We hung a plumb line from the rear fender and measured against the rotor on both sides and got that perfect. Then centered the wheels in the wheelwell.

Now we are welding up the wolfe anti-roll today and putting in the front coil-overs.

Now that I did this, its really not bad at all. Its been a fun job and only took about 6 hours total to take out the 10 and put in the 9.

I will call you monday so you can help me dial in the shocks and pinion angle etc..

We ended up putting in a Competition Engineering short torque arm that came on the 9" so I'm thinking my car should leave hard once its setup.
I'm not too familiar with the Comp Engineering torque arm, as we've never had one here in the shop. That being said, I can't vouch for their dependability/quality. If you have any problems with it, you might consider getting a different style torque arm, but I guess that time will come after you make a few test hits on the car w/ the new set-up.