Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

LOW TRAC LIGHT!!!!! Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 08:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LOW TRAC LIGHT!!!!! Help Please

I just installed a new rear end and after the install the ABS INOP Light came on. Well I figured out why it was on and fixed it (one of the connections was loose). Now I drove the car around and it was fine but than the LOW TRAC light came on. The tires weren't spinning at all actually I was doing about 90mph when it came on than when I let off the gas and the car slowed down it went off so I brought it back up to about 90 again and it did it again. Any ideas of why this could be happening?

Thanks
Joe
Old 02-12-2004, 08:42 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Make sure the new reluctor wheels on the axle have the same number of teeth as the old ones, a few early cars had a different number of teeth. The TCS compares the speed of all 4 wheels and if the rears are spinning faster then the fronts the low trac light will come on so either those are wrong or you have a big mismatch in front and rear tire diameter. Usually when that happens if you get down hard on the brakes the ABS will come on at higher speeds so be carefull.

Thats my guess anyhow..
Old 02-13-2004, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kp
Make sure the new reluctor wheels on the axle have the same number of teeth as the old ones, a few early cars had a different number of teeth. The TCS compares the speed of all 4 wheels and if the rears are spinning faster then the fronts the low trac light will come on so either those are wrong or you have a big mismatch in front and rear tire diameter. Usually when that happens if you get down hard on the brakes the ABS will come on at higher speeds so be carefull.

Thats my guess anyhow..
Hey KP thanks for your help. I was able to fix the problem. I had spacers on the sensors because I thought that the stud heads were cause the ABS INOP Lite to come on but the lite came on as a result of a loose connection. I never took the spacers out and that's when I was getting the Low Trac Lite so I pulled the spacers out and drove the car around and have not gotten the Low Trac lite even at higher speeds.

Joe