Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

My driveline. HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My driveline. HELP!

Alright, well, Ive got a Ligenfelter 3.5" HD aluminum driveshaft, 1350 yolks, Moser 12 bolt, upgraded axles, yada yada. Anyways, is my rear end supposed to howel extremely loud? I can hear my rear end over my exhaust. And my exhaust is loud... SLP LM, SLP LT's, ORP, !CATS.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like its your rear end making the noise. I'd have a qualified shop look at it to see that its properly set up. Mosers (as delivered) are notorious for poor setup.
Old 02-13-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I had 3.73s installed in my '67, and 3.90s in the GN. Both by the same fellow who did a great job in my garage. I would have done it myself, but I heard too many comments on how "specialized" these installs were. I found that to be true after I looked at all of the tools he used. I have been working on cars for years, and had NO tools like these. Backlash adjustments and such are best left to pros. My friend decided to save some cash by doing his own (1995 Stang) and it whined and self-destructed within 3k. My gears, on both cars, make NO noise, and perform flawlessly.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Launching!

Well, I had my 12 bolt installed by Speed, Inc. It just doesn't sound like something is right. I mean, its EXTREMELY noisy.

Reason why I got it was because so many people had them and spoke so highly of them. Then, once I get it installed, it provides NO benefits more to me. It actually makes driving unbearable. I hardly ever drove the car last summer, that and my brand new engine's oil pump decides to malfunction after 100 miles....