Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rebuilding Rear end, what do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding Rear end, what do i need?

So i recently popped my rear end, and instead of fixing whatevers broken, i'v decided just go tear it all down, and rebuild the whole thing. So for a complete rebuild, what will i need?
Old 06-07-2011, 01:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bogfobmal
So i recently popped my rear end, and instead of fixing whatevers broken, i'v decided just go tear it all down, and rebuild the whole thing. So for a complete rebuild, what will i need?
1. Ratech Complete/Deluxe install kit from WS6 Store, its about $108. It comes with everything you need as far as shims, bearings, gaskets, and seals go.

2. Ratech solid pinion spacer, not a must but highly recommended.

3. 2-3 qts of gear lube.

4. New ring and pinion gear for the ratio you want. I would suggest AAM gears. 3.73s if auto and 4.10s if manual. You will need to reprogram your PCM if you change ratios from stock though.

5. Not needed but I would get either a TA or Mac girdle cover, they are cheap and anyhelp for the 7.5" is nice.

Providing your axles and posi unit are still good that should be it.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Weld the axle tubes to the housing as well in addition to the above listed.. or just save your money and get a rear end worth getting because the 10 bolt is worthless and it will probably break again.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding Rear end, what do i need?