Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

ASR problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy ASR problem

OK so I just bought my 99 z28 a few months back and i've noticed that if i press the asr button nothing happens, no lights come on to let me know the system is off. I've done one burnout which it did great in first but as soon as i shifted to second it completely stoped spinning. Just before i did the burnout i pushed the button thinking maybe i just have a blown indicator light for the system being off. Something to not is that the service vehicle soon/abs/and brake lights are on. I was wondering that if because those lights are on will that automatically shut off the traction control system?
Old 12-19-2011, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 99camaro5.7
OK so I just bought my 99 z28 a few months back and i've noticed that if i press the asr button nothing happens, no lights come on to let me know the system is off. I've done one burnout which it did great in first but as soon as i shifted to second it completely stoped spinning. Just before i did the burnout i pushed the button thinking maybe i just have a blown indicator light for the system being off. Something to not is that the service vehicle soon/abs/and brake lights are on. I was wondering that if because those lights are on will that automatically shut off the traction control system?
Go to Advance Auto and have them pull the codes being stored. Is the pedal firm? Check the brake fluid reservoir for proper fluid level. ABS is not functioning obviously. You want to start with mechanical issues, and then once your sure your mechanicals are ok (lines, fluid), move on to the electrical. It could be a bad wheel sensor, or abs unit.