Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser Questions - U-Joint, parking brakes

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser Questions - U-Joint, parking brakes

What U-joint do I need for the moser 12 bolt rear end with a 1350 pinion yoke to attach to a stock LS1 driveshaft? The Napa 447x doesn't fit.

I need to remove the rear parking brake pads to get to some bolt holes to secure my newly installed rearend. how do I remove the parking brake pads? I don't see an easy way to do this. Damn haynes manuals suck.

Or, is there an easy way to get the Tee bolts into the caliper mounts?
Old 03-22-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The NAPA 447 is what you need. Each "side" of the u-joint is a different size, so make sure you're putting it in right, it will only go in one way, and it is a tight fit, but it is the right part number. As far as the parking brake pads, lift them up (there is a little clip at the top of the pad on the inside that holds it to the backing plate, look in there and you'll see it) and then slide off of the "piston" at the bottom. Hard to explain, but they come right off.

Good luck, Shawn
Old 03-22-2004, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

As far as the swaybar, Spohn, BMR, Thunder Racing all sell a kit that allows you to mount your stockswaybar on a 9" or 12 bolt. The axle tubes are thicker, and it won't fit using the stock hardware. Look at these kits and buy one, or they can be made with some steel tubing and a muffler clamp.

Shawn
Old 03-22-2004, 11:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Spanky, Thanks much.... the U-joint fit with a bit extra elbow grease and the brakes came off super easily. Thanks for the tips!!!!!

Old 03-23-2004, 06:12 AM
TECH Resident

while you have every thing apart adjust your parking breaks and make sure they work before you have everything back together. i put mine together and the parking break was very light so i had to rip it apart and adjust it so it grabbed

JR