Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Eaton Posi Rebuild?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Eaton Posi Rebuild?

So I bought a 10 bolt not too long ago, the rear end has 4.10 gears and an Eaton posi. When we took the differential cover off there was a chunk of metal on the magnet that is attached to the cover. Here is a picture of that piece of metal:

That belongs to the Eaton posi unit. This rear end has been in use for roughly 2-3 years, and has never thrown down a one tire fire. How well this posi unit works actually is partially why I bought it, rather than just putting gears in my current rear end. Is there any way I can "fix" this posi unit? I would need a cross sectional view or exploded view so I know where the part goes, etc. I talked to a guy at summit and said they do not sell rebuild kits. Any ideas on what I should/can do?
Old 09-01-2012, 01:26 PM
TECH Resident

Looks like a part out of a Gov-Loc.

Does it look like this?

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f13/mo...ck-g80-438761/

Al 95 Z28
Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I could take pictures of what I suspect it to be, but that does not look like any of the parts shown in the link you gave me. Right now it is in my freezer though (lol) since I am going to be pressing the ABS ring on soon.

Quick Reply: Eaton Posi Rebuild?