Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Another 10 Bolt to the Scrap Pile.. Now What??

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another 10 Bolt to the Scrap Pile.. Now What??

How's It going everyone, Well as the title say My 10 Bolt is done & Ive been doing research but B4 i drop 2 Grand+ on a New one Im intrested in what everyone is running & Best Recomendation For What i should get.. I Have a 1999 Camaro SS, M6 About 350 Hp & Its My Daily driver, Also Best Bang for the buck as Im a College student with a Budget (thou I love my LS ) Im Looking at a strange 12 Bolt or Ford 9" ETC. & Who, Where & Why.. Im Looking for the best Bolt in (using my stock drive shaft) Please Link's, Photo's & Websites.. Thank you
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

I think if to still be able to use your stock drive shaft you have to go 12 bolt.

9" you can use stock ds but it's about an inch short.
S60 you need a shorter shaft. (IIRC)

I went 9" because I drag race my car alot. When researching I came across alot of posts that said 12 bolts start to make noise after hard launches.
Anyway that's what I remember from my research hopefully someone will else will chime in also.

Best thing you can do is do alot of reading and decide what works best for you.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 PM
Teching In

call Eric and the guys @ Midwest chassis and get you one ordered. Sold my screaming 12bolt and installed my MWC 9" this past Saturday waiting on my brake kit to get here so I can break it in and hit the track!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

After lots of research it came down to a 9" or s60 for me. I ended up with a quick performance 9" just cause I got it cheaper than a s60.

I'm using a stock 1le drive shaft for now without a problem.. PST 3.5" will go in before it sees track time.

Quick Reply: Another 10 Bolt to the Scrap Pile.. Now What??