Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 with working abs?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8.8 with working abs?

Just wondering if anybody is running an 8.8 and have the ABS working properly?
Old 05-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Have a buddy that did it. He installed a reluctor ring on this driveshaft yoke and fabbed up a bracket off his trans to mount his ABS sensor like it would have been in the pumpkin. He had a 3 channel system though. If you have a 4 channel then it may be even easier if you can mount the speed sensors and use your old axles. If you go with new axles then you'd have to make sure they can accept the reluctor rings off your old ones.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LopeyZ
Have a buddy that did it. He installed a reluctor ring on this driveshaft yoke and fabbed up a bracket off his trans to mount his ABS sensor like it would have been in the pumpkin. He had a 3 channel system though. If you have a 4 channel then it may be even easier if you can mount the speed sensors and use your old axles. If you go with new axles then you'd have to make sure they can accept the reluctor rings off your old ones.
Thanks, have 3 channel on mine, i may purchase a tone ring from Moser for a f-body 12 bolt and see if i can adapt this to my 8.8 carrier and run factory sensor
Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 PM
Launching!

What 8.8 are you using? The explorer 8.8 already has a ABS sensor in it. I always wondered if it could be made to work through programming.

Quick Reply: 8.8 with working abs?