Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Edelbrock non adj tq arm snapped..whats next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 05:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock non adj tq arm snapped..whats next?

I snapped my stock tq arm a while ago brought it to my shop of choice at the time, he said to go with a non adj edelbrock (through him) at the time so i did...whelp 2 years of hard driving later im back in the market for a tq arm... the edelbrock snapped at the same spot the stocker did...so now im thinking there's something bigger throwing it off, could ride height have this affect? I have heard if a car is lowered it necessitates an adj tq arm but as far as i know its a stock bup-ss suspension but idk if the guy before me lowered it at all... long story short i need a new adj tq arm... what do yall recommend? i was looking towards founders adj bmr or umi.

Last edited by 1stIDFO; 08-28-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 05:33 PM
Staging Lane

**broke about 4 to 5 inches from where it bolts to the rear on the top side
Old 08-28-2013, 06:38 PM
Launching!

Wow. Alot of torque being put down to keep breaking tq arms like that. Mine is a UMI adjustable, transmission mounted piece and it is extremely stout. Makes the stock one seem like cardboard. I can't imagine it ever breaking. BMR TQ arms would likely hold up as well. If someone who has a founders performance one would chime in that might help you as well, but I have not come accross one yet.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The Edelbrock torque arm is really only marginally better than factory torque arm honestly. I have quite a few pictures of broken Edelbrock torque arms in my picture database. When buying a torque arm definitely do your homework and make sure you end up with something that will hold what you are throwing at it. I can tell with 100% certainty that a BMR torque would definitely take anything you are going to throw it so they may be a very good option for you. We offer them in both an adjustable and non-adjustable version.

BMR adjustable torque arm (TA002)

BMR non-adjustable torque arm (TA001)

If we can help you out in anyway let us know.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 08-29-2013, 01:16 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I've got the UMI adjustable along with their relocation kit to get it off the transmission tailshaft. It wasn't a placebo feeling, I can literally feel the difference. The car shifts much firmer now, yet is more "predictible" if that makes any sense. You just get a better feel of what's going on in the split second you depress / release the clutch.

Install was a breeze, and the instructions were very simple. 4 jackstands in the garage, start to finish, by myself with NO beer breaks was 2.5 hours.
I did make a call once, for something I was simply curious about, and Ramey was right there to answer anything I had.

I say UMI because I LIKE them and own one. But either way, at your power level, you really need to consider getting it off your tailshaft as well.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:07 PM
On The Tree

My edlebrock adjustable bent at the adjustment point on the dyno. Spit out driveshaft and half uninstalled my t56. They replaced it with a newer design. The guy was acting like he was doing me a favor. Wouldnt cover or help with damages. Luckily car was on the dyno.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock non adj tq arm snapped..whats next?