Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2 months and still no rear? Is this normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 04:36 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question 2 months and still no rear? Is this normal?

So I purchased a Strange Dana S60 almost 2 months ago from Speed Inc. and was told 2 maybe 3 weeks and that came and went. Then I was told another 2-3 weeks due to Strange being very busy and some problem they had with their powder coating. Ok I get it sometimes things happen and places get busy so me being the level headed guy I am I just said ok and dealt with it. Well those 2-3 weeks have passed as well so I call again and they assure me that it will be out by Thursday the 26th or Friday the 27th. As you would guess it did not. Unfortunately I have had to work extra this week and did not have time to call them about it Friday so I will have to wait until Monday. This will make over 7 weeks since the purchase date. So my question is, is this in the parameters for a normal wait time for a rear end? I realize that its a built to order part and sometimes other variables can push things back a tad but this just seems crazy to me. Has anyone else waited or is currently waiting this long for their rear? In the mean time I've ordered and received about a dozen or so other parts that I cant put in until the rear gets here.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

That sucks man, hopefully they will ship it out ASAP. I'm currently in same position just not with a rear
Old 09-28-2013, 09:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Getting close to 5 months for me on a 9". What sucks is my season is almost over since I store my car in October. I would have just waited till next year had I been made aware of how long it would really take.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Took my S60 3 weeks to get delivered but I didn't order it through Speed Inc. Seems weird. I would be worried. Their build time is usually 21 days. You should call Strange directly to see if they confirm the delay. If not, file a credit card dispute quickly or however you paid for it.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
Getting close to 5 months for me on a 9". What sucks is my season is almost over since I store my car in October. I would have just waited till next year had I been made aware of how long it would really take.
5 months?! Holy crap. I hope you mean 5 weeks cause if I have to wait another 3 months someone is really not gonna like me lol. And I wish I would have ordered mine sooner. Like a dumb *** I waited until I broke the ten bolt so now my car is just sitting and waiting.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah Ill be calling Strange directly on Monday to see what they have to say about the whole thing for sure. thanks for the replies guys!
Old 09-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been a few months for my 9", but MWC was upfront that 8 weeks should be expected, maybe more. I ordered while my rear end is still mint MWC has been terrific to deal with.

Russ
Old 09-28-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

It is typically 3 weeks, was for my 12 bolt, however any time the weather is nice people are active and places like that are the busiest. Doesn't take but one speed bump to create a 2 month wait. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. Most here are used to buying stuff that is basically in stock, on a shelf, waiting for a label to get put on a box and dropped at a shipper. As you get into more serious parts, especially custom made ones from smaller businesses, lengthy waits are very, very normal. The difference is, you aren't buying an off the shelf part.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:36 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
It is typically 3 weeks, was for my 12 bolt, however any time the weather is nice people are active and places like that are the busiest. Doesn't take but one speed bump to create a 2 month wait. I can assure you it will be worth the wait. Most here are used to buying stuff that is basically in stock, on a shelf, waiting for a label to get put on a box and dropped at a shipper. As you get into more serious parts, especially custom made ones from smaller businesses, lengthy waits are very, very normal. The difference is, you aren't buying an off the shelf part.
Very true and yes I agree it will be worth the wait but the thing I hate is to keep getting the broken promises. If I was told 2 months from the get go I would feel better about it but I realize that **** happens sometimes and until I find out otherwise I will have to assume that Speed Inc is just the middle man here and is relaying what Strange is telling them. Hopefully I get some good news Monday.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Called and talked to speed inc earlier today and they said the rear was finished today and they were supposed to get it tomorrow and it will be headed my way by Wednesday. ***fingers crossed***
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Woot woot!!

Quick Reply: 2 months and still no rear? Is this normal?