Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

How Many Quarts in 9"??

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2004, 12:42 AM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default How Many Quarts in 9"??

Put my 9" and suspension back in tonite after Moser warrantied my fubarred locker(have spool now)

its all done and there is a bit over 3 quarts of fluid in it, didn't have anymore laying around..just can't remember how much total needed since I last did this 2 years ago.

so yah i'm rambling..how many does it hold please
Old 05-14-2004, 02:03 AM
kp
8 Second Club

It varies, spool, posi, locker, aluminum case. Mine didnt even take 3 quarts, an aluminum center section has a lot more material so it takes less. Just fill it up until it runs out the hole
Old 05-14-2004, 09:55 AM
Motorboater

well no way in hell i have the aluminum center, you could anchor the queen mary 2 with my centersection

i have a 31 spline spool.

it took a little over 3 qts and still hadn't spilled out. guess i'm gonna buy more and keep going, you can't really overfill one of these things right..that's what the breather hole is for
Old 05-14-2004, 10:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Make sure you are checking the level with the plug in the drivers side of the center section itself, not the fill bung on the back (if you have one). If it doesnt come out of that hole in the side it isnt full - make sure the rear is in the car level, if the nose is up higher then the rear it will take more..