Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

8.8 ABS ring success

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 07:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 8.8 ABS ring success

With Hiltsy's help, we have successfully designed and machined an ABS ring that worked like a dream in my 8.8 build. Gotta give props to Hiltsy for his engineering, design and cad file. I had the easy part of cutting it. When I started my build I always wanted to keep my ABS system since I drive my car everyday and an ABS light is frowned upon when inspections come due. We had to make the ring larger than the original ford ring, so I could use the original GM sensor, which required a little bit of grinding of the housing to make the ring fit. Also, I had to hammer out a tiny section of the steel 8.8 cover at the bottom since it was hitting the oversized ring. The GM and ford sensors are the same size except for the overall height and bolt holt size. I'm not sure if the ford sensor will work with the GM system so I decided to stick with the one I know works. I've attached a couple of pics of the ring and the spots I had to grind to make it fit. Thanks to Hiltsy again for all you help with this.
Attached Thumbnails 8.8 ABS ring success-abs-ring-2.jpg   8.8 ABS ring success-abs-ring.jpg   8.8 ABS ring success-8.8-grind.jpg   8.8 ABS ring success-8.8-grind-2.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 12:49 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

BUMP! Can you or hiltsy provide the CAD files?
Old 12-29-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ZexGX
BUMP! Can you or hiltsy provide the CAD files?
Shoot me a PM....

Quick Reply: 8.8 ABS ring success