Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9" Rear and Currie Torque Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9" Rear and Currie Torque Bracket

I recently bought a 93 Camaro and it has 9" Ford rear. BMR torque arm with Currie mounting bracket. As you can see in the pics, they ground on the bracket enough to make it fit the Strange fin that sticks out. So to avoid this from happening again, do I grind the bracket again and then try to beef it up on the top side, do I grind the fin on the rear or a combo of both? Please help as I am very new to this. Thanks so much.
Attached Thumbnails 9" Rear and Currie Torque Bracket-currie-001.jpg   9" Rear and Currie Torque Bracket-currie-002.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The original was broke and repaired once, then broke again. This tells me that the design is not worth of it's application and no matter what you do to it chances are it will fail again. Only real issue with this is the other damage it causes when it does happen... like the driveshaft, tailshaft of trans, torque arm, and exhaust are all subject to severe damage.

Best thing I can recommend is to change the entire torque arm package out with a completely different mount. You can sell off your existing parts to recoup some of the costs and have a much better, stronger, more adjustable and reliable setup than what you are dealing with now.

MWC has a complete 9" torque arm retrofit package that includes everything you need to make it right. It uses the same torque arm and crossmember/ driveshaft loop setup that we include with our rearends, as well as new brackets for the housing and all necessary hardware.

Quick Reply: 9" Rear and Currie Torque Bracket