Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

S60 Gear Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default S60 Gear Swap

How hard is it to swap gears in my Strange S60? It currently has 4.10s in it but I am debating going to a higher (numerically lower) gear since I am doing a lot of cross country driving. Since I know nothing about working on the drivetrain, what would I be looking at to have a shop do this??
Old 11-04-2014, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lowest gears @ 3:54's in my s60 and would like to go higher myself and would like to know the same thing. carl at crp should be able to help with your question.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:53 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch42
How hard is it to swap gears in my Strange S60? It currently has 4.10s in it but I am debating going to a higher (numerically lower) gear since I am doing a lot of cross country driving. Since I know nothing about working on the drivetrain, what would I be looking at to have a shop do this??
Originally Posted by oldmano2z
I have the lowest gears @ 3:54's in my s60 and would like to go higher myself and would like to know the same thing. carl at crp should be able to help with your question.
The S60 does not require the old and dreaded case spreader required for a gear swap on the Dana 60. Nor does it require the shims used to move the carrier right or left.

Here are a couple of links You might find helpful.

Hope this helps.

Carl

Quick Reply: S60 Gear Swap