Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Axle Roasted?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 01:16 PM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts
Default Axle Roasted?

This morning on way to work, the right rear wheel all but stopped spinning. Car pulling VERY hard right. Took alot of steering effort to go straight. Limped car home (I was only 1/4 mile away) and drove truck to work. I could see the drag marks from the tire on the pavement when I drove back out in the truck.

When I get home tonight, I have a project. I've known that the axle tube on the right was at an upward 2 degree incline from the pumpkin for a while.

I'm hoping it's just the e-brake or caliper not releasing, but if the ebrake is good, given the mods in my signature, is it worth repairing the stock 10-bolt, or is it upgrade time?

I've looked at an 8.8 from TNT and a S60. If it's going to be $600+ to fix the stock axle, I'd just go to an upgrade, because I'd be halfway to an 8.8.

Its the pewter trans am in the signature, mods listed, and it's an M6.
Old 04-08-2015, 11:49 AM

Received 1,836 Likes on 1,145 Posts

I got it freed back up, but now, it's just a constant cuh-CLUNK, cuh-CLUNK at low speeds, hard enough to feel it, not just hear it.

Researching 8.8 builds via search

Quick Reply: Axle Roasted?