Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Length of DS stock t56 to 9"

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Length of DS stock t56 to 9"

Right now I'm running a stock aluminum driveshaft with a bastard u joint to fit my 1350 yoke on my 9". It has zero vibrations. So I would like to just order a good aftermarket one that is the exact same length as the stock one. Well I called spohn and tried doing just that. Told me it their stock replacement driveshaft would be too short as they make them a 1/2" shorter than stock for some reason. So now I guess I have to measure for a custom one. But their instructions are a little lacking in how they want it measured.

They want one measurement from the pinion yoke to the tail shaft seal. I get that. But the next measurement is from the rear edge of the rails hat to the rear edge of the output shaft. Well every t56 I've seen the output shaft sits flush with the tail shaft. So what measurement exactly should I do???
Old 06-01-2015, 03:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Give us a call and we can get you set up with what to measure for an aftermarket driveshaft of your choice. Just getting one persons measurement to use is doing yourself an injustice.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:20 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by blk00ss
Right now I'm running a stock aluminum driveshaft with a bastard u joint to fit my 1350 yoke on my 9". It has zero vibrations. So I would like to just order a good aftermarket one that is the exact same length as the stock one. Well I called spohn and tried doing just that. Told me it their stock replacement driveshaft would be too short as they make them a 1/2" shorter than stock for some reason. So now I guess I have to measure for a custom one. But their instructions are a little lacking in how they want it measured.

They want one measurement from the pinion yoke to the tail shaft seal. I get that. But the next measurement is from the rear edge of the rails hat to the rear edge of the output shaft. Well every t56 I've seen the output shaft sits flush with the tail shaft. So what measurement exactly should I do???
The 9 inch takes a one inch longer driveshaft than stock. http://shop.brutespeed.com/PST-DRA35...-PST-DRA35.htm
This is the one I recommend. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Quick Reply: Length of DS stock t56 to 9"