Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

3 Channel lt1 into a 4 channel Ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 3 Channel lt1 into a 4 channel Ls1

I purchased used 12 bolt from a very reputable used F-Body parts dealer today. It was a rushed purchase, but they had a Strange s60 for a decent price. But I was told it was out of an LT1 car, I said mine's an LS1, will it fit in?

EDIT:

I called strange and I was told that the rear end and Lt1 driveshaft would fit in my car.

1. With the 4 channel ABS module in mind, and it being a 3 channel rear end, are there any issues with just swapping my 4 channel brake lines on? I realize I won't have ABS and Traction Control, but are there any computer/abs module related issues that could arise from nothing giving an input to the wheel speed sensors?
2. the VSS is located on the transmission, correct?
2. Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

Last edited by MikeLSS1; 06-29-2015 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Update
Old 06-26-2015, 07:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have bought two ls F body cars, both year 2000

my automatic car was NON trac control, this means its the 3 channel set up, it has an ABS module with only a single brake line going to the back of the car

my manual 6 speed 2000 car has traction control it is a 4 channel, it has a ABS module two brake lines going to the back

i do not know if this will help you, but it may just mean you need a 3 channel single brake line and matching abs module

Quick Reply: 3 Channel lt1 into a 4 channel Ls1