Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 12 bolt axle PN?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 05:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Moser 12 bolt axle PN?

Can anyone confirm a part number for me.

I have a Moser 12 bolt rearend with bolt in axles and the left axle seal leaking (2nd time in ~5000 miles).

It was replaced last year by a shop and I was told that the PN was "Nitril axle oil seal NA # 473229." At that time, I was told that during the original installation, they did not press fit the seal correctly and "it appears that the installer used a socket to set the seal."

The shop that has the car right now (moved so I could not bring it to the original shop) states that that part number is incorrect and that that was for a seal only, not a seal with bearings (which is what the car has currently). They are not sure what the above part number is for. They state they called their supplier and compared the seal that was currently in the rearend and it should be 88128 RA. They also stated that it does not appear that the seal was even touched last year and that upon inspection, the bearings were ruined and they would be surprised to seal that in 5000 miles with an occasionally driven street car (no track time).

I called the shop that replaced the seal last year to verify the part number, and he states that it is the correct one. So I am trying to figure out if both are correct part numbers or if I was duped into paying for services not performed last year?

At least the second shop is giving me a 2 year /24,000 mile warranty on the repair.

Last edited by peterlawl84; 07-17-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no one can help?

Quick Reply: Moser 12 bolt axle PN?