Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Help me make this driveshaft fit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me make this driveshaft fit

So I put the S60 in my car and this is what I got- 42 ¾ inches from the face of the transmission (Not output shaft) to the face of the yoke. PST calls this measurement “X” on their site.

Gave this information to PST and picked up my DS from them the next day. Went to put the DS in today and it seems to be not fitting. To long. My question is should the drive shaft slide in and out with no prying, pushing, hammering, or do I have to give it some force for it to fit?

I DID NOT force anything as of yet. Don’t want to damage anything. So is this normal? How easy was your driveshaft install? Do you remember putting a rubber mallet to it to hammer it into the transmission? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Noob here.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

It should slide in easy, and after it dead ends into the tranny you should have enough clearance to install it into the rear pinion..

No prying or hammering ever.. If it doesn't go in smooth, stop! Re-check everything.

What's the length of the DS center to center?
Old 12-03-2015, 07:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Make sure the splines on your output shaft are not twisted.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RedLineWS6
So I put the S60 in my car and this is what I got- 42 ¾ inches from the face of the transmission (Not output shaft) to the face of the yoke. PST calls this measurement “X” on their site.

Gave this information to PST and picked up my DS from them the next day. Went to put the DS in today and it seems to be not fitting. To long. My question is should the drive shaft slide in and out with no prying, pushing, hammering, or do I have to give it some force for it to fit?

I DID NOT force anything as of yet. Don’t want to damage anything. So is this normal? How easy was your driveshaft install? Do you remember putting a rubber mallet to it to hammer it into the transmission? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Noob here.
Make sure you got the measurement with the rear in the normal loaded position, not hanging down. Same goes for installing the driveshaft. If you have the rear of the car up on jackstands and the rear is hanging down, you will have less room to install the driveshaft. Bob

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 12-09-2015, 07:16 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep.... Twisted. Midwest called it!

Quick Reply: Help me make this driveshaft fit