Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

S60 axle more narrow than stock?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default S60 axle more narrow than stock?

So after reading over and over that people have had no issue fitting 305/45/18s on the rear of their Fbody as long as you have a hammer, I bought some 304/45/18 Nitto 555Rs for my 98 Z28. Well I finally got the tires mounted. Luckily I only drove the car the short distance home because they scrub BADLY. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't take the fact that the car has an S60 rear end into account.

I have beaten and beaten on the front inner wheel well but there is simply no way I'm going to get the clearance I need to fit these tires. So it makes me wonder- is the S60 axle appreciably more narrow than the stock axle?

Its looking like I'm going to have to go with wheel spacers if I want these radials mounted.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:34 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It should be within an 1/8" of factory overall width, but most likely is spot on.

If you are curious take off the brake rotors and have someone help by holding a straight edge across the axle flanges(not the center wheel register) and get a measurement that way.

Quick Reply: S60 axle more narrow than stock?