Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

need some 12 bolt advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 08:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need some 12 bolt advice

i going to be getting a 12 bolt in the early spring. i don't know if it will be a moser or a strange. i would like a true "unbolt my old rear and bolt in new one. my biggest problem is deciding which gears i want: 3.73's or 4.10's. i have ssf3500 converter and drive the car daily (for now). i know that the 3.73's are probably the right choice, but i want my car to be a monster for the occasional light to light sprint. also would i see a definite difference in 1/4 times between these two gear choices. i pretty tolerable of stuff on the street as long as it works at the track. please help me decide!!!!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Strange w/4.11's. I'm going through the "break in" procedure. I've only put 100 miles on the new rear. Since I installed it last week, the weather in Chicago is starting to suck. I.E. SNOW.

Once I get the rear broken in and it stops snowing, I'll follow-up with my impressions.

The Strange is a true plug and play unit. No cutting, welding or any additional parts to accomodate the piece.