Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser ??

Any1 have anything good to say about Moser? From what most have said on this forum in the Moser vs Strange threads it seems Strange is the way to go for 12bolt. I also hear a lot about them not lining up the gears right thus shortening gear life. RP probs seems to be prominent on Mosers from what Ive read.

But I hear it takes about a month to get and I think between the two it will be a bit more $

Anyone?
Old 03-23-2005, 02:50 PM
Banned

Moser from what I have seen makes an equal if not better product, they are just lacking when it comes to setting the actual gears up. The best way to go in my opinion is get the Moser rear parts at the cheaper price and then have someone else or the shop you are ordering through set it up. Have any more questions PM me and I can help you out more.

CMC
Old 03-23-2005, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've read on this forum, problems with set up and housings not fitting just right. I don't know personally, but I have heard nothing but good things about the strange. The only other problem is the posi's are weak for a 12 bolt, but detroit locker has some new solutions that sound good. 12 bolt lockers on the way and even a helical posi unit. I talked with the people at moser, I wasn't impressed. They did not give me a warm fuzzy feeling.