Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Anyone have pics of there rearend with the backing plates on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have pics of there rearend with the backing plates on?

I ordered and paid for my Strange rear with them put on and I don't think there on. The only things on the ends are the these two smaller silver plates that are about the size of a 5lb free weight plate, or approx 5-6 inches across just before the bolt studs. I would have taken a pic but I put the rear out in storage for now until I get the car out.

Thanks...
Old 03-25-2005, 11:53 PM
11 Second Club

Mine goes from outside in:
lug studs, axle surface, emergency brake shoes, backing plate, caliper mount.
What you describe sounds like ABS reluctor rings that are pressed onto the axle
Thing is - if you ordered it, and it came assembled without you sending them backing plates/caliper mounts - they are on there.
Strange won't ship a rear that you must remove the axles from to install things.
Take another look. You should see thin greenish brake shoes then black caliper mount with bolt holes through them.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:06 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by chief455
Mine goes from outside in:
lug studs, axle surface, emergency brake shoes, backing plate, caliper mount.
What you describe sounds like ABS reluctor rings that are pressed onto the axle
Thing is - if you ordered it, and it came assembled without you sending them backing plates/caliper mounts - they are on there.
Strange won't ship a rear that you must remove the axles from to install things.
Take another look. You should see thin greenish brakt shoes then black caliper mount with bolt holes through them.

Yea, good point about them not sending the complete rear without them. Because if I wanted to save 230$ then I could of sent mine in.... I just had a mental picture of them being bigger..., I guess I don't know what I am looking for. I will have to check it out next time I get out to storage.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited by speedo; 03-26-2005 at 02:12 AM.