Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

TSB Information

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TSB Information

I have posted a bunch about some rear end questions. Can anyone get more information about the following TSB that my car has... Thanks for any help!

01453 - Summary: AXLE CLICK NOISE - LOUDER ON TURNS

140801 - Summary: SUBJECT PERTAINING TO A RATTLE NOISE HEARD FROM THE REAR AXLE

3188 - Summary: DRIVESHAFT PING TING CLANG SNAP OR CLICK NOISE.

Thanks again

Last edited by SSAnderson; 04-13-2005 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can try alldata.com

Or, if you feel frisky enough to bust your Dealerships ***** they should give you the info if the TSB's exist.

Better yet, start savin for an upgrade, 10 bolts are junk and if you have noises now and haven't done any serious mods.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Teching In

I was wondering if someone worked at a dealership or knew someone who does.. I tried getting the info from the dealership and the pretty much blew me off.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Launching!

Condition/Concern:
Rear axle click noise which is louder during turning manuevers, slalom type manuevers or when exiting or entering sweeping curves.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Camaros and Firebirds equipped with the Zexel Torsen axle can have a clicking noise related to "radial gear float". When the differential is not loaded, the side gear can achieve a neutral bias and float in the planetary gear set. When load is applied either in coast or pull, the side gear fully contacts the planetary gear set eliminating the float. When gear float occurs, a slight clicking noise can be heard. This is a normal condition and no repairs shoulds be attempted to correct the complaint.

Clicking noises when the gear set is loaded, can be an indication of components other than the differential set. Things that may cause a clicking noise: Look at the face of the ring and pinion and side gears for nicks or look at bearing races for signs of scratches or pitting.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance. This diagnostic approach was developed for the vehicle with the VIN you entered and should not be automatically be used for other vehicles with similar symptoms.

Models:
(99, 00, 01, 02 Chevrolet Camaro) and (99, 00, 01, 02 Pontiac Firebird)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Launching!

This one is for the 4L60-E...not a T56.

Condition/Concern:
Units equipped with the automatic transmission that exhibit a ping or ting type noise from the aluminum driveshaft during garage shift maneuvers (i.e. shifting from reverse to drive or from drive to reverse or periods of high torque efforts). The cause is the flexing of the portion of the front or rear yoke that fits internally to the driveshaft.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Replace the driveshaft with P/N 12564004.

Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed. If these steps do not resolve the condition, please contact GM TAC for further diagnostic assistance.

Models:
(95 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (96 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (97 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (98 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (99 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (00 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (01 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (02 CHEVROLET CAMARO) and (95 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (96 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (97 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (98 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (99 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (00 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (01 PONTIAC FIREBIRD) and (02 PONTIAC FIREBIRD)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
Launching!

I can't find the other one.....
Old 04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Thanks! Now I have a few things to look into.

Quick Reply: TSB Information