Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

can a 4ch 10 bolt be used to replace 3ch?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default can a 4ch 10 bolt be used to replace 3ch?

I'm looking to replace my stock 3ch 10bolt rear end with another stock rear. Can a 4ch rear end with the ASR be used to replace the 3 chan? Will the ABS still work fine? Will the wiring match up correctly?

Thanks,

George
Old 04-17-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Regular

Depending on why you're replacing it, this may work, it may not. But if you keep your 3 ch housing, 3 ch axles, take all the internal guts from the 4 ch and put it in your rear with your axles it would work. You would also need to swap over the excitor (I think that's what it's called) ring..basically it's the ring that the abs sensor reads off of.

Some people have been able to custom fab a location for the ABS sensor to read, but they're normally doing that on an aftermarket rear. In my opinion, the custom fab work wouldn't be worth it on a 10 bolt.

But basically you're not going to be able to just unbolt your rear and bolt the 4 ch in...you wouldn't be able to keep ABS that way. If you swap some internal guts from one rear to the other like I mentioned above...it can work.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. I want to just swap a stock rear into my car. Looks like I have to find a 3 channel. All that seems to be coming up are 4 channels.

George