Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

moser axle wont go in last 1/4 inch

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default moser axle wont go in last 1/4 inch

i replaced a damage axle bearing on my 12 bolt today. called moser and they gave me part# 88128 for the bearing(no oring) and #15141 for the seal. i picked up the parts locally and had the bearing pressed on. the axle wouldnt go all the way in even with a lil persuasion ,so i pulled it back out. i noticed im running into the seal with the press ring behind the bearing. the seal is ALL the way in and flush. i pulled the seal out and the axle goes right in with one finger. after some searching here i saw some mention of a different press ring with different bearings?? is the new bearing i have one peice or 2 peice? i think if i had a different press ring id be good to go. anybody with experience with this? kev
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well for anyone doing a search you need a press ring that is the same as the one from moser. its about 3/8" wide, the one that came with the new bearing was almost 3/4". why moser gave me the bearing part # but failed to tell me that the press ring wouldnt work is beyond me