Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need some 12 bolt info

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some 12 bolt info

I have a strange 12 bolt without TCS just ABS.
The wires for the sensor for the ABS are about a 28G. very small and have broken on me twice.....

Does anyone know if the stock sensor style will work? ( never looked at mine before I sold it....whole rear)

The shop also messed up one of my E-break adjusters
anyone know if strange uses the truck 12 bolt ones or the 10 bolt F-body ones....

AND one of my axle seals is leaking, anyone know a part # or where I can get one...

And before someone says "ask strange" Strange and I are not on the best of terms and I am sure I would get no help.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:45 AM
Launching!

If you do not mind how did you fix it (wires) when they broke

No on the abs Sensor two different types of mounting styles.

Let me guess the drivers side axel seal .

You do not have to use Strange all it is a Timkin Bearing pull the axel get the number and have some place like Auto Zone or you local speed shop order it for you. Nothing special.

I went through the same thing with them Ended up ordering a 9" from Moser and never looked back

Good luck

Last edited by 00sscam; 06-07-2005 at 07:52 AM.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

I tried to solder the wires back the first time, they are too small and close together, and always break flush with the top, I wound up getting the 60.00 sensor. I don't really want to spend yet an other 60.00 for it to break again.....

It is the Pass side seal.

And I had thought about just pulling the seal, but I can't afford the down time, but if I don't get it soon I will not be able to afford new gears either LOL.....

Thanks
Old 06-10-2005, 07:56 AM
TECH Resident

Any info on this guys?