Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need Quick Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Quick Help

Hey guys

I bought my WS6 about 2-3 month ago. I started to notice a noise from the back. Its not suspension, b/c it only happens when i start out in first. Sort of a rattling. It came with an Borla exhaust, so i figured it was rubbing somewhere.

Today i went to the drag strip, got 17 passes in (private rental today). The noise is louder, or i'm more paranoid and it seems louder. I took it to my friends shop, threw it up on the lift. Everything looks okay, posi is working etc etc. We did see where the borla is rubbing on a heat shield, and possibly causing the noise.

He is a gear expert and didn't hear any noise from the pumpkin.

my car has 20,000 miles on it, 2002. Is there any chance I can still be under warranty? would it be worth it to take it to a dealer and have them look at it? would they still charge me if everything was fine?

I'm just wondering if I should hassle with it, or just fix the heat shield. I can't get to that though for a month or so, since I'll be adding nitrous within a week. Another reason why I asked if I should get to a dealer now?

thanks guys