Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Need some help A.S.A.P.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help A.S.A.P.

Doing a few 'test' runs in my car on a 'private' interstate at 170+mph and when I started listening to my car I could hear a clicking sound (kind of like something was stuck in my tire), well I pull over and check my tires and nothing, look under it and notice somekind of liquid leaking behind my left wheel

Anyways I think it might be the rear-end finally, what is the best upgrade I can get for daily driving/dragracing and how much $$$ am I looking at?

I think it also might be due to my new driveshaft not being balanced right when it was installed (but thats been like... 2,000 miles ago, would it still effect it?)

I need to know something quick before I take it down to the dealership and start ordering things, wish this was a H/C I was ordering
Old 08-24-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take the tire/break assembly off and check the axle seal. Might as well change the bearings and seals anyway. All six bearings were pitted in my 10-bolt at 50,XXX miles.