Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Quick question about additive

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 07:27 AM
-Q-
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quick question about additive

I've done some searching on changing my rearend fluid, and I've seen that you are supposed to use GM limited slip additive along with the gear oil of your choice (I'll be using either Mobil1 or Royal Purple sythetic). My question is, is there any other kind of limited slip additive I can use other than the GM brand? I want to change my fluid on Saturday, but I'm going to the football game early that afternoon and don't know if the dealer will still be open when the game ends.

Thanks all.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:33 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -Q-
I've done some searching on changing my rearend fluid, and I've seen that you are supposed to use GM limited slip additive along with the gear oil of your choice (I'll be using either Mobil1 or Royal Purple sythetic). My question is, is there any other kind of limited slip additive I can use other than the GM brand? I want to change my fluid on Saturday, but I'm going to the football game early that afternoon and don't know if the dealer will still be open when the game ends.

Thanks all.
I use the Ford additive, it works well to stop clutch chatter. But it stinks like, well nasty.