Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

installing moser 12 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default installing moser 12 bolt

changing from a 10bolt4 channel to a 12 3 channel. what do i need to do this swap?i'm also using the bmr springs do i need an adjustable PHR?can i still use my stock sway bar?
Old 09-17-2005, 03:52 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only thing you'll need to do is delete ABS. You could possibly convert it over, not really worth the $$ imho. The difference your going to spend converting will probably exceed the difference of what you could have just purchased a new rear with 4ch.

We do manufacture an ABS delete kit w/proportioning valve with a variety of line lock setups. Bolt on kits w/pre-formed brake lines range from 139.99 and up.

Hope this helps,

Steve
Old 09-19-2005, 07:05 AM
Flossin' twin turbos

i thought the 3channel still has abs but no tcs
Old 09-19-2005, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True,

The 4 channel has 1 additional sensor and a different computer configuration. If your that dead set on keeping it, sell the rear and pick up a four channel setup. Another option is to use an ABS computer from a 3 channel setup and rewire it in, you'll also need a 3 channel modulator which you'll need to re-configure into your circuit.

I don't feel ABS is worth too much on our cars. If you change to different calipers/rotors, diameter and width tires, your setup is anything like stock anyways...ABS doesn't like changes like this and typically complains.

Unless you have a grocery getter, removing ABS, replacing with a proportioning valve is not going to have any effect on normal driving.

ABS can be good in some circumstances, but bad in others. To me, it is nothing but dead weight, taking up space, making drag racing and everyday driving a pain in the butt. It is just something else to go wrong on the car.

I see guys posting with ABS troubles quite often. Most probably have never used their ABS, but go to great lengths attempting to troubleshoot and keep it. Earlier ABS designs were not as good as later designs.

Steve
Old 09-19-2005, 04:47 PM
Flossin' twin turbos

thanks i think i'll upgrade to a 9" then