Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt

hey guys just like the title says i was wondering whether or not a 10 bolt from a 3rd gen iroc with rear discs is a straight swap between 3rd and 4th gens, please dont flame me i tried doing a search and came up with nothing

i was wondering because a guy at work has one and wants virtually nothing for it (50 bucks) that should hold me over if i break one when i go to the track this spring, and this guy has a lot of ford 9 inch parts laying around and we're going to build one for me car do you guys have any advice on being able to retain abs and being able to bolt up the torque arm?
Old 03-28-2006, 02:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

No, if memory serves me correctly, they are 2 inches narrower (an inch on each side). This would suck the wheels in a bit. You may run in to rubbing issues due to that, depending on your wheels and tire size. You could always run Third Gen wheels tho. (please, don't do that, I've seen it done on a fourth gen car, it's not pretty)
Old 03-28-2006, 03:38 AM
Launching!

Here is my 3rd gen rear in a 4th gen camaro didnīt drive it yet. The torque arm bolted right up to it. I had brake drums from stock (V6) and and still have them no ABS on the 3rd gen rear so no ABS don`t know if that one has ABS on it. Everything else bolts right up also I tubbed the rear and the rear end is two inches narower on each side. Which means not as much backspacing on the rim is needed and my stock 16x8 GM rim didn`t fit too much backspacing. Hope I could help you look at the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt-rearwheel.jpg   does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt-rear-axle.jpg   does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt-clearance-wheel.jpg  

Quick Reply: does 3rd gen 10 bolt = 4th gen 10 bolt